Are you looking for a craftwork idea with an animal theme? Maybe a safari theme? Then you should have a go at making this charming craft work giraffe. You just need either two empty toilet rolls or the cardboard centre of a kitchen roll. Check out our animal category page for even more fun ideas on how to make animal figures.
How to make your craft work giraffe:
- Collect a few cardboard centres from kitchen or toilet rolls. Kitchen rolls make a nice long neck, use toilet rolls for a shorter neck.
- Cover a sheet of yellow A4 paper with glue and roll up the kitchen roll into it. Push the ends of the paper down into the kitchen roll.
- Take a sheet of brown paper and cut out lots of shapes for the giraffe’s patches and stick these onto the yellow kitchen roll.
- Cut out shapes for the mouth and nose from a sheet of coloured paper and stick these onto the kitchen roll.
- To finish your giraffe stick on googly eyes.
- You could use a toilet roll to make a smaller version so that you have a Mummy giraffe and a baby giraffe.