Was your child born during the winter? Do you sometimes have a problem thinking of special party treats ? How about these ‘polar bear’ doughnuts? For other ideas visit our site traktatie ideeën.
How to make these ‘polar bear’ doughnuts:
- Buy some small or large doughnuts in the supermarket or at the baker’s. We find that the smaller doughnuts are quite big enough. Dainty and not so much sugar.
- Roll the marzipan into small balls, you will need three balls for each bear (two ears and a nose ).
- Cut two openings into the top of each doughnut (don’t make them too big) and place a marzipan ball in each cut to make the ears.
- Melt white chocolate in a dish that is standing in hot water (bain-marie)
- Dip the doughnuts into the white chocolate until they are half covered with chocolate.
- Place the third white marzipan ball onto the still runny white chocolate. This is the bear’s nose.
- Put the doughnuts into the fridge.
- After 30 min you should be able to paint the eyes with black or brown food colouring using a paintbrush. Decorate the bear’s nose for an even better effect.
-Instead of food colouring use melted milk chocolate to decorate the eyes and nose.