Use this recipe for delicious waffles for a children’s party or as a special treat. If you don’t have time on the day you can make them beforehand and keep them in the freezer. Take them out of the freezer and thaw them and re-heat them in the waffle iron or sandwich maker. Enjoy! Take a look at our site for more ideas andere kindertraktaties.
Here is the list of ingredients you will need to make the waffles:
|4 tablespoons of sugar|
|200 grams butter|
|The marrow from 2 vanilla pods|
|400 gram flour|
|oil for the waffle iron|
|20 tablespoons of milk|
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites
- Cream together the egg yolks, butter, sugar and vanilla marrow.
- Mix in the flour and milk.
- Beat the egg whites until they are stiff. You can use a mixer set to high. Once the egg white becomes foamy and clings to the mixer it is ready..
- Use a wooden spoon or a spatula to mix together the dough and the beaten egg white.
- Warm up the waffle iron, coating it with a little oil so that the waffles come out easily. Bake them until they are golden brown.
Tips for this recipe:
– This recipe is enough for about 16 waffles.
– Because it takes a while to bake the waffles you could bake them beforehand.
They can be stored in the freezer. When you want to use them just pop them into a toaster or sandwich maker.
– Serve with a coating of icing sugar or jam and you can be sure the party will be a sucess
– Serve the waffles with extra whipped cream.
– Heat up cherries to serve with the waffles.